- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, plastic pipette, and reagent dropper bottles.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0.0 to 30.0 mg/L are determined to 0.3 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 300 mg/L are determined to 3 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3812-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Water hardness has traditionally been defined as the capacity of water to precipitate soap. The ionic species in the water causing the precipitation was later found to be primarily calcium and magnesium. Thus, water hardness is actually a quantitative measure of these ions in the water. It is also now known that certain other ion species, such as iron, zinc, and manganese contribute to the overall water hardness. The measure and subsequent control of water hardness is essential to prevent scaling and clogging in water pipes.