The HI38015 is a titration-based chemical test kit that determines the high range chloride concentration within two ranges: 500 to 10000 mg/L Cl– and 5000 to 100000 mg/L Cl–. The HI38015 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents for perform 100 tests.
- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, reagent solutions, plastic pipettes, and syringes.
- High resolution
- Readings from 500 to 10000 mg/L are determined to 100 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 5000 to 100000 mg/L are determined to 1000 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38015-100 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This set comes with 1 (100 mL) bottle HI38015A-0, 2 (25mL) dropper bottles of HI38015B-0 potassium chromate indicator, 1 (100 mL) bottle HI38015C-0 silver nitrate solution
Significance of Use
Chloride ions are one of the major inorganic anions in water and wastewater. Although high concentrations of chloride in water are not known to be toxic to humans, its regulation is mainly due to taste. It is essential to monitor chloride concentration in boiler systems to prevent damage of metal parts. In high levels, chloride can corrode stainless steel and be toxic to plant life.