- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beakers, indicator and reagent bottles, and calibrated syringe.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0 to 20 mg/L are determined to 0.2 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 200 mg/L are determined to 2 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3822-100 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
There are many reasons to monitor the concentration of sulfite in water. In boiler feed and effluent waters, a sulfite concentration of approximately 20 mg/L must be maintained to prevent pitting and oxidation of metal components. A high level of sulfite results in a lowered pH, thus promoting corrosion. The monitoring of sulfite is important in environmental control as well. Sulfite ions are toxic to aquatic lifeforms; the chemical demand that sulfide produces on oxygen in water can destroy the delicate ecological balance of lakes, rivers and ponds.