- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the glass vials, plastic pipette, reagent packets, and Checker® disc.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0 to 50 mg/L are determined to 1 mg/L resolution in irrigation water.
- Readings from 0 to 60 mg/L are determined to 2 mg/L resolution in soil.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI38050-200 can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit.
Significance of Use
Nitrogen (N) is an indispensable element for plant life. It is present in proteins, vitamins, chlorophyll, etc. Nitrogen allows the development of the vegetative activity of the plant, helping to lengthen trunks and sprouts and increase the production of foliage and fruit. It directly increases the crop yield, though the crop quality depends on other elements. Nitrogen, mostly absorbed by plants as nitrate (NO3–), derives from the mineralization of organic matter and the application of fertilizers. Nitrate-nitrogen (NO3–-N) is not durable in soil. The large amount required for crop production makes it necessary to administer this element in moderate quantities during the crop growing season.
An excess of nitrogen weakens plants’ structure and weakens its resistance to diseases.