The HI739 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure fluoride.
Fluoride is one of the very few chemicals that have been shown to cause significant effects in people through drinking water. Fluoride has beneficial effects on teeth at low concentrations in drinking water, but excessive exposure to fluoride in drinking water, or in combination with exposure to fluoride from other sources, can give rise to a number of adverse effects.
Water fluoridation is the controlled addition of fluoride to a public water supply to reduce tooth decay. Fluoridated water operates on tooth surfaces: in the mouth, it creates low levels of fluoride in saliva, which reduces the rate at which tooth enamel demineralizes and increases the rate at which it remineralizes in the early stages of cavities. A 1994 World Health Organization expert committee suggested a level of fluoride from 0.5 to 1.0 mg/L, depending on climate. Bottled water typically has unknown fluoride levels, and some domestic water filters remove some or all fluoride.
Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI739 provides quick, accurate results in four easy steps:
* To zero, mix 2 ml of Reagent A and 8 ml of Reagent B; gently invert 5 times, and wait 1 minute before inserting in the meter and pressing the button.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Drinking Water, Environmental, Industrial