- Complete setup
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as two sample beakers, reagent bottles, and calibrated syringe.
- High resolution
- Readings from 0 to 10 mg/L CO2 are determined to 0.1 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 50 mg/L CO2 are determined to 0.5 mg/L resolution.
- Readings from 0 to 100 mg/L CO2 are determined to 1 mg/L resolution.
- Replacement reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3818-100+I480 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This set comes with 1 (10mL) dropper bottle of phenolphthalein indicator and 1 (120mL) bottle of HI3818-0 titration solution.
Significance of Use
Lakes and rivers naturally contain carbon dioxide concentrations less than 10 mg/L. However, stagnant or polluted water can generate large amounts of carbon dioxide due to organic or mineral decomposition. Higher amounts of carbon dioxide can make the water corrosive and toxic to aquatic organisms. Monitoring carbon dioxide levels is also critical in the manmade environment. Carbon dioxide is added to drinking water during the final stages of the purification process. In water softening systems, a delicate balance of carbon dioxide must be maintained to prevent corrosion or encrustation of pipes and storage tanks.